Jennifer Lopez Sedu Hairstyles
Glenn Harris / Photorazzi
Jennifer Lopez is famous around the world for her music, acting, dancing, perfumes, fashion design, business acumen and for her fabulous looks!
She's a very beautiful woman and part of that allure is her gorgeous hair. As you can see from our pictures, she is extremely versatile and loves to try out different looks. Every time Jennifer makes a public or professional appearance, she has a new style and often a new color!
Jennifer often wears her hair in a Sedu style – which means that it's straight and silky smooth. This look is called Sedu because you can use a Sedu iron at home to get a red-carpet look for your hair! Here's how to do it...
Start with the basics
For many of her styles, Jennifer starts with long hair, which has balanced layers cut into it. She also avoids short bangs. These basics give her hair huge versatility as it can be worn either up or down, straightened or waved.
How to get beautiful hair like J-Lo
This style is the basis for many of Jennifer's looks. Once you've mastered it, we'll show you how to get a variety of styles.
David Gabber / Photorazzi
- Shampoo and condition your hair as normal. Gently towel dry it until it's just damp. Spray on a volumiser and then comb your hair through with a wide-toothed comb
- Separate your hair into two sections by lifting the entire top half onto your crown and securing it with clips
- Take a section of hair (2 inches maximum) from the lower section and blow dry, lifting the brush through the full length of the hair, from roots to the ends
Tip: Don't take the ends of the hair off the brush. Let them sit there until that section is dry then roll the hair back up the brush and let it cool for half a minute. This will help to 'set' the style and give better volume
- Repeat, working from the bottom up until you have completed drying the back. Then dry the sides in the same way
The sections at the front look better with extra lift at the roots. To achieve this, get the brush right in at the roots and make sure each root section is dry before going on to dry the ends. Apply a heat protection product
Tom Walck / Photorazzi
Now you get to vary the style with Sedu!
Here are four J-Lo looks that you could copy with your Sedu iron -
- Curls or waves worn in an up-do
- Curls or waves on the bottom half of the hair, with the top half straighter – again, worn up or down
- Dead, flat straight - worn down
- Dead, flat straight – worn in an up-do
Of course, J-Lo has worn her hair in so many styles that you can have great fun trying them all!
Once you're happy with your look – smooth off the ends of your hair with a little wax or gel. For more volume, tip your head upside-down as you apply this.
Glenn Harris / Photorazzi
Jennifer Lopez takes her hair seriously! She recently attended the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes wedding in Rome and flew her personal hairdresser, Ken Paves, out too - to make sure she didn't have a hair out of place!
Most of Jennifer's hairstyles are quite easy to emulate but some of her up-do's are quite intricate and some have been criticized for being too severe - like the one on the right that Jennifer wore to the Los Angeles premiere of Daredevil.
- Her hair has been straightened and then drawn back into a tight bun
- The bun has been sectioned off, brushed completely smooth and then twisted and pinned
Although it's severe, it does show off her highlights and the great condition – look at that shine!
Janet Mayer / Photorazzi
However, Jennifer obviously listened to the critics because her latest up-do was not only very soft and pretty – but much easier for her legions of fans to copy!
- Here, the hair has been very gently waved to maximize volume and then simply gathered at the nape of the neck and pinned into a loose chignon
- The bangs and loose strands at her neck complete the relaxed, informal style
In contrast, her make-up and skin are flawless and this contrast compliments her informal hairstyle
A great role model
Jennifer is naturally beautiful but she also works extremely hard at being great at whatever she does – and that includes her looks. She's a total professional and is very rarely seen without her hair, make-up and clothes looking immaculate. A great role model for women of all ages!
Most of her looks are quite easy for her fans to copy – and if you have a Sedu…it's even easier…so what are you waiting for?
Just remember, however much we may envy J-Lo, if we have a bad hair day it's not all over the world's press the next day.
Come to think of it, has J-Lo ever had a bad hair day...?