Jessica Simpson Sedu Hairstyles
Glenn Harris / Photorazzi
Jessica Simpson – sister of Ashlee - is a beautiful woman with stunning hair that many people envy. Like many celebrities who are constantly on the front pages, she likes to change her look regularly and red carpet watchers never know whether her hair is going to be up, down, shoulder length, long, straight or wavy!
We'll show you how to re-create Jessica's looks using a Sedu iron
. These irons have become so hugely popular that pretty much all straight hairdo's are now being called 'Sedu'!
Jessica's rise to fame...
Since Jessica's rise to fame in the 1990's, she's had 7 top 40 hits in the US as well as five gold and two multi-platinum albums! Her breakout appearance was with now ex-husband Nick Lachey in the reality show, Newlyweds on MTV.
She's a sharp businesswoman with her own line of beauty products. She's also recently launched her own range of wigs.
Her business partner is her hairdresser, Ken Paves – who also styles Jennifer Lopez's hair. How do they manage when they both have the same red carpet event? Share nicely girls!
David Gabber / Photorazzi
How to shine like a star!
Jessica is often seen with straight, shiny Sedu hair – whether it's long or shoulder length, like here. To get this sophisticated straight look:
- Wash and condition your hair and then massage in a small amount of straightening balm
- Dry your hair with a paddle brush, always pulling the hair downward as you go
- Using your Sedu, smooth your hair in 2 inch sections to achieve Jessica's lovely gloss
- Finish by smoothing some shine serum over your hair
Tom Walck / Photorazzi
How to have waves like Jessica!
These relaxed waves are pretty and youthful – and the look is quite easy to create.
- Wash and condition – making sure that the conditioner soaks the ends of your hair, to protect it during styling
- Work a small amount of Mousse from the roots to the ends of the hair
- Blow hair up and away from your scalp, with a large, round brush. Make sure that each section is dry before you start the next one
- Mist your hair with a volumizing spray and then a heat protector. Wrap your hair around your Sedu to create smooth, shiny waves. And there you have it – Jessica waves!
Glenn Harris / Photorazzi
Sedu an elegant up-do!
This is a stunning look for a prom or wedding – or any formal occasion.
It's much easier to create an up-do if your hair is not freshly washed. Wash it the day before and you will find that it's easier to manage and stays up better!
- Spray on some heat protection and then Sedu your hair completely straight. Comb it back into a smooth, ear-level pony tail.
Tip: Always use a covered elastic band to protect your hair from breakage
- Section the low pony-tail and Sedu each section into a curl, pinning each one in place as you go.
Tip: Use long, straight pins – they're made for this style!
- Leave one section straight and wrap it around the bun, securing it with pins. Beautiful!
Janet Mayer / Photorazzi
Jessica's gone wild with curls! Her hair is naturally curly but this style has had more than a little help!
- Wash and condition your hair and then dry it on a large, round brush. Have a supply of long, straight hairpins ready
- Heat protect your hair and then Sedu it into curls. As you create each curl, take it gently off the iron and then leaving it in a 'barrel' shape, pin it in place. Go over your whole head and leave the curls for ten minutes to cool and set
- Carefully remove the pins and then run your fingers through your hair – pulling the hair down slightly but not too much. This look is all about volume!
Tip: Don't comb or brush it – you'll loose the effect!
Sedu makes it easy to have hair like Jessica ! The only limit to what your Sedu can do is your imagination - have fun experimenting and enjoy a diversity of beautiful styles!