Fall - Winter Short Sexiest Styles
We have entered a time where the look of 'woman' is classy, sexy with desire and retroing back to that era where grace and being a lady was important. Clothes tell a lot about a woman but the hair is like the icing on the cake, it stamps-seals- and delivers the total package. Hair needs to hold that same illusion of sex appeal that the fashion and make up is mimicing. Sexiness that comes from a certain charm of desire, seeking out curves and movement hidden under strong lines and patterns.
Janet Mayer / Photorazzi
This lady did away with the long locks and stepped it up with an edgy graduated bob. The style is pure perfection for her. This is a fantastic haircut to have when you are pressed for time to get ready. It is quick and easy and can be worn straight or wavy.
she has a sq-oval face which is boarder line oval but has definite squareness across the eye, brow, and nose area.
Victoria has such pronounced features so the hair has to compliment the lines without causing too much severity in the chin or more wisth around the eye level. The short layers in the back and crown area, accentuate length and open up more depth to flat squareness. The one length bob in a strong 45 degree angle, sweeping past the chin, silhouettes the width across the brow and eye area; drawing your eye inwards.
Beck's deep eye coloring and yellowness in her skin tone need to have beige undertones in her blond to compliment them without hardening them. A very popular color technique this year for you blonds is to try what Victoria has done with her color. If you notice there is a slightly darker root color that blends out with the light highlighted length, this is actually done on purpose. It allows more depth in the hair and makes the color look more natural, instead of bleach bottle blond!
How to get Victoria's look:
- After the hair is washed and towel dry, apply a small amount of volumizing lotion to the crown area and comb through to the ends
- Blowdry the hair upsidedown to add lift at the roots. When the hair is almost dry smooth out the length with a medium round brush. Smooth the ends under, but follow your blowdryer clean off the brush so that you don't have a strong bevel in the hair
- To finish the look of 'Posh Perfection' rub a coin size amount of styling wax between your palms, finger pick the hair at the crown for lift and smooth the ends to seal away frizziness
Glenn Harris / Photorazzi
This charmed sister is always no less than charming when she sports a cropped, razored fringe.
Her soft round face and features always keep her sweet.
This edgy, cropped, pixie cut gives her attitude and sex appeal. If you notice the way the length is used in this short stlye to create a whole new shape to her face. A razored fringe kept short across the forehead, lengthens the face and softens the width. The long wispy pieces through the neckline also create the same illusion. The short square layers, cut through the top to give height and the textured ends, give style and appeal. The long pieces texturized around the face minimize the width.
When sporting a cropped short hair-do or a cute pixie style, it is best to go with one all over shade that compliments your skin tone and keeps the strength of the style. Alyssa magically pulls this off with a deep cocoa. Cocoa and coffee tones are rich without having too much warmth ( a.k.a. red-orange tones). You want to choose a color ranging between a level 4 or 5 and look for words in the color that say cocoa, coffee or natural dark brown.
To create that look:
- When the cut is good the styling is a piece of cake! After washing and toweling dry the hair I suggest a smoothing cream with a gloss or shine agent in it
- Never blowdry short hair with a brush! Use your fingers first to manipulate the hair in the direction desired, then massage over with your palms to add lift at the roots. If you find that your fringe never wants to settle straight down, use a small tooth comb and follow downwards with your blow-dryer on medium heat
- To finish, apply a coin size amount of product to your palms and rub together. Apply it to the back of the head and work upwards; massaging the top of your head in a circular motion and then smooth down the fringe and sides
Janet Mayer / Photorazzi
Most of us think that her long flirty locks suit her party girl attitude best, but I think this model has the classy sophistication that an heiress deserves.
Paris's long face and pointy features are best softened to bring attention to her sparkling blue eyes. This over directed long fringe makes this effect perfectly.
The box bobbed back is an excellent length to shorten the length in her face and create a visual stop to the eye and chin area. When the hair is cut blunt it will instantly make more volume at the crown as it is being pushed upwards by the weight at the base.
Paris is a tanned California babe, who loves; and does well, being a blond. It is important with her tanned features to eliminate harsh golds or yellows in the blond, so as always a milkshake blond, with pearl tone highlights keeps her cool in that warm california sun.
To create the heiress look:
- Wash hair and towel dry. Apply a small amount of thickening cream to the ends, and a root booster spray or volumizer on the crown area
- Blowdry hair using your fingers to smooth out ends in all directions. Move the hair back and fourth, and from side to side
- When the hair is almost dry; section off the hair from the neck to above the ear. Smooth straight, with a slight bevel using a medium round brush. Follow up the rest of the hair. When you have reached the fringe area blowdry all the hair in a downwards motion over the round brush, coming clean off the ends. When the hair is dry use your fingers to guide the fringe over to the side with the blow dryer pointed in the desired direction
- Finish with a light even mist of a setting spray or shine spray
Glenn Harris / Photorazzi
Rihanna has a perfect heart shaped face so it is no question that an overdramtic bob is great for her.
The length is carefully been left several inches past her chin level to draw attention away from the strong point in her jawline. The ends have also been thinned and texurized to remove weight and heaviness around the base. The hair in the nape has been tapered slightly to add sexiness to the length of neck and keep the lines dramatic but still sleek to carry out the length through the front. This diva has style with her accentuate parting. It frames and slims the width of her face and draws attention down her sparkling eyes to her full lip line. What can I say other than perfect match of style to face!
Rihanna's sweet glowing eyes are matched by this gasoline color. It is a color that most people think is black except it reflects the light with greens and blues. It is a common mistake to think that women of color must have cool toned skin since there are many shades to this skin tone. In Rihanna's skin you can see a definite cream accent to her dark skin so this strong black color highlights the light undertones in her skin.
How to have her look:
- Wash and towel dry hair. Before applying a styling product remove any excess moisture by lightly blasting through the hair with your blowdryer
- Apply a coin size amount of smoothing cream from the roots to the ends of the hair. Finish blowdrying the hair upsidedown using your fingers to lightly stretch the hair straight
- When the hair is dry mist on a heat protector spray all over the hair then section it off starting from the neck to just behind the ear. Using a flat iron smooth the hair straight. Continue up the head until all the hair has been flat ironned
- Rub a coin size amount of pomade between the palms of your hands and smooth over the hair, follow clean off the ends to add seperation to the texture
PRN / Photorazzi
The pop wonder with a changing look!
Well when you have a perfect oval face like Christina it is easy to change your look from naughty to nice. There aren't many styles that don't look great on an oval shaped face but this one is by far my favorite.
The cut is a simple round layers, it gives more fullness to the top and takes the weight out of the base. When styling with a large beveled curl it is important to work with a cut like this. The shape allows for the curl to form softly aournd the head without staking outwards causing a Christmas tree or pyramid effect. As you see in Christina's model the layers are not cut too short through the top, leaving the hair full of volume but not stretching the height to the limit.
Christina has a hint of green olive in her skin tone, though she sports a glowing tan most of the time, you still see the yellowish green in her tone. Now that she is back on stage with this glowing golden beige blond with fine threaded white pearl highlights, you can see the true glow of her skin. This shade of blond brings out the best appeal in her color, and I for one hope she stays neocentric class forever.
How to be a Milkshop Babe:
- Begin with hair that has been completely dried using a curl activating cream
- Mist the hair with a heat protector spray and then section off a one inch section from the neck to behind the ear
- Using the flat iron rotate the hair through the iron to create curls. Begin at the root and twist down the hair until you have finished the ends.
If you would like to learn more about how to use your flat iron to create curls, click HERE to watch a video
- Continue this all the way through the hair
- Rub a coin size amount of product between your palms and finger through the hair lightly. Try not to seperate the curl too much, but position it where you desire, and smooth the ends under. Lighlty mist with hairspray or finishing spray