Prom Hairstyles for any Length Locks
Girls, prom is around the corner and dressing up is fun and exciting, but putting the finishing touches on you can be overwhelming. Once you have found the perfect dress and shoes you are left to decide the best way to create the ultimate prom hairstyle
Ladies, take a deep breath because it doesn’t matter what length locks you are working with anything is possible!
Gone are the days when you have to have long flowing locks to achieve that glamorous look we all desire. Instead of choosing your hairstyle by your hair length, do it according to the dress you are wearing.
Here are a few examples for short, medium, and long hair prom styles.
Short and Sassy
- Wash your hair with a curl enhancing shampoo and towel dry lightly
- Blast the hair moderately to remove excess water
- Section the hair beginning at the nape. Twist one inch sections, wind them towards the scalp and secure them with a pin.
Tip: It doesn’t matter how much length you have, this is just to create some texture and movement to the hair
- Once all the hair is wound and secure lightly mist with a setting spray. Blow dry the pinned hair using a diffuser. Keep drying until all the pinned hair is dry. Lightly scrunch the pinned hair to feel that all the water is removed
- Let cool and then undo all the pins. Massage a medium hold wax through your hands and lightly fingerpick the twisted hair apart. Scrunch and mold into shape
- Twist the sides back or allow the curls to move free
This look works with any length but looks particularly great with short hair. You can accessorize with some decorative pins to add some flavor but the new added texture is also fun enough.
Medium and Mysterious
- Apply a light hold hair spray all over clean and dry hair
- Using a small barrel curling iron wrap the entire head into curls. Fasten each wound curl with a pin to the scalp and let set for seven to ten minutes
- Remove all the pins and mist with a shine spray. Turn the head upside down and shake out the curls while lightly finger picking them through
- Flip forward and create your desired parting through the front
Tip: To give some volume and lift, back comb your bang area and then smooth out with a flat brush
- Twist and pin the sides back behind the ears. Pull the curl to form into place
This style is great for medium length layered hairstyles or gals with bobs.
Long and Luscious
- Mist already dry hair with a heat protector spray. Using a flat iron go through the entire head in sections creating a smooth sleek finish
- Once all the hair has been flat ironed smooth an anti frizz lotion through the locks
- Back comb the entire crown. Back comb one inch sections twelve times to create width and height
- Using a flat brush smooth the sides and top over the back combed section
- Fasten the sides straight back over the smoothed top section of hair. Secure with bobby pins. Fasten the pins in an upward direction to keep the height at the crown and to leave the pins invisible
Ladies we all have different hair lengths for a reason, because it matches our personality and style. Things shouldn’t change just because your outfit for the day is more glamorous. The girl inside the gown is still you and not matter what hair length you have, you can be prom perfect this year!