How to Sedu!
Here's a step-by-step guide to getting the best from your Sedu irons…and your hair!
How to Sedu your hair straight
What you'll need:
- Sedu hair straighteners
- Shampoo and conditioner for your type of hair
- Straightening balm
- Leave-in Conditioner / Hair moisturizer
- Wide-toothed comb
- Hair Dryer
- Paddle brush
- Heat protection spray
- 3 Butterfly clips
- Tail comb
- Hair serum
- Spray on hair shine
1. Shampoo and condition your hair using your chosen products.
2. Towel dry very gently. The best method of drying is to wrap a warm, dry towel around your head and leave it on for 10 minutes. If you don't have time for that, use a blotting motion to get rid of excess water.
Don't ever rub it dry. This roughs up the hair cuticles and can damage your hair. Rubbing it also creates tangles which you then have to get out by pulling with a comb – which could create more damage.
3. Put a small amount of straightening balm into your palm and rub your hands together gently, to warm the balm and spread it over your hands. Run your palms over and through your hair from ear-length downwards only.
Don't get any straightening balm on the roots of your hair as it will make it too heavy and may look greasy.
Repeat 3. with leave-in conditioner / hair moisturizer.
4. Comb your hair through with a wide-toothed comb. Don't ever brush wet hair – it's at its' weakest when wet and easy to damage.
5. Your hair must be dry to Sedu so dry it with a hair dryer. Wrap a small section of hair around a round, vented blow drying brush. These have holes which help to dry the hair more quickly, reducing drying time and potential damage. Always hold the dryer higher up the section of hair than the brush and dry from the roots down to the ends. This encourages the hair cuticles to close, protecting the hair and keeping it in better condition.
6. Once your hair is dry, brush it through with a paddle brush. This helps to smooth out the hair and will make straightening easier.
7. Section your hair into three – one on either side and one on the top of your crown. In each section, twist the hair and then secure it with a butterfly clip. Leave the bottom section free, ready for straightening first.
8. Spray heat protection lightly onto this section, holding the spray about an inch away from the hair.
9. Now it's time to Sedu! Your Sedu only takes 25 seconds to heat up to optimum temperature so you don't have to wait long! Place the teeth of the tail comb near the roots of your hair and lift the section slightly. Position the hair in the iron and then slide both comb and iron down your hair – keeping the irons horizontal.
Because the Sedu is so efficient, you should only need to slide it down each section of hair once!
10. Work your way all around this back section, spraying with heat protector each time before straightening. Once you've finished one section, go on to the next – until you're done
11. Put a few drops of hair serum between your hands and rub them together lightly. Now run your hands over your hair from ear height down only. Concentrate the serum more on the ends of the hair. Use a very light mist of spray shine on your crown.
That's it – you've Sedu'd…doesn't it look great? And how quick was that!
How to Sedu curls and waves
Follow the first instructions up to number 9.
1. Working in sections that are an inch wide, run the Sedu down the length of your hair holding it extra tight when you reach the ends. Still holding the ends, wind the hair around the irons and keep going until where you want the curl or wave to start. This could be all the way up to the roots or only halfway up – it's up to you!
2. a) For full curls, release the hair carefully from the iron and don't' touch it until the hair has cooled – about 10 minutes. Then run your fingers lightly through the curls to separate them. Don't brush or comb it – you'll loose the style.
b) For waves, release the hair and then holding the end of it, pull gently until you have the desired 'drop'.
3. Repeat all over your head and finish with spray shine to avoid spoiling your hard work!
How to Sedu flick-ups and flick-unders!
Follow the first instructions up to number 9.
Slide your comb and Sedu to about half way down the section of hair and then turn them either up or under. Repeat this all over your head and finish with shine spray.
The magic of Sedu
So now you can Sedu and your hair will never be the same again! Your hair routine will be quicker, your hair in better condition and it will bring the fun back! No more fighting with your hair – just love it!