Sedu your hair for the best Prom styles ever!
Sedu is a Prom stress-buster! If you have a Prom coming up and you're frantic about your hair - get yourself a Sedu straightening iron
and read on...
Many high school students believe that Prom is probably going to be the most romantic night of their lives, so it's an occasion filled with excitement…and fraught with anxiety.
If only the guy you've been crushing on for ever would invite you…how do you say no to the guy who has invited you without hurting his feelings…which dress will you wear…how will you wear your hair?
Well, we can't help with the dress or the invitation dilemmas but we can show you some great Prom styles and tell you how to get them, with your Sedu. That'll be one less thing to worry about!
How to wear your hair down!
If you think that sounds crazy you need to read this!
If you have long hair, wearing it down is probably the most comfortable and relaxed style that you could choose. You want your hair to look its absolute best so start working on it at least a month before the Prom, to get it into great condition
If it needs a trim, get it now. That way, if the hairdresser cuts too much off your bangs it won't be the end of the world! It also gives you time to practice how you are going to wear it.
- Wash and condition your hair with moisturizing products – we're going for the best look possible!
- Gently towel dry it and then massage in a tiny amount of styling gel and leave-in conditioner. Comb it right down to the ends with a wide-toothed comb to avoid pulling the hair
- Dry it with the dryer set on cool and use a round, vented brush. For extra shine, treat yourself to a ceramic brush. Once it's dry, spray in some heat protection and get ready to Sedu!
For the hairstyle pictured here:
- Take a small section of hair into the irons and run them right down the hair, stopping a couple of millimeters from the ends
- Wrap the hair around the iron, stopping at chin length. Hold for a few moments and then take the hair carefully off the iron. Repeat until all the sections are curled
- Leave the hair to cool completely and then run your fingers through it, to separate the curls and increase volume. Mist with shine spray
For dead straight hair:
- Take a small section of hair into the irons and run them right down to and off the ends
- Repeat until your hair is all straightened and then mist with spray shine
This can be the basis for many Prom hairstyles. Once you have decided on straight or wavy you can start playing with your hair and see what suits you best. Maybe you could gather it loosely at the nape of your neck with a pretty clip? Or put it into a very loose bun with free flowing bangs? Or gather the top half over your crown and make that hair into a pony tail or small bun? Have fun!
I want to wear my hair up!
For many girls, a Prom do means an up-do! Here's a pretty and unusual one. You will need a lot of straight, long pins and patience. It's best to practice this one a few times so that you're not flustered on the night!
Wash your hair the night before the Prom – this applies to any up-do. They stay up better and are easier to work with on 'next day hair'. If you really have to wash it on the day, put in a little strong hold gel! And don't forget the heat protection!
- Start at your crown. Section off the area of hair that you're going to work on first, combing the hair on either side of it out of the way
- Lift the section of hair up and back and start twisting it. As you twist, pick up more hair along that 'line' and join it into the twist. Keep going until you're at the top back of your head and secure it firmly with a couple of pins. Repeat over all of your head as in the picture
- Now, gather all the ends of hair into a fairly tight pony tail and secure with a covered elastic band
- Sedu the ends of the hair into curls and then pin some in place to cover the 'line' pins. Leave the others loose
- Spritz with spray shine
You could also do this style with cornrows and it would look great!
The informal up-do!
You can also wear your hair up in a less formal style like the girls here! Simply Sedu your hair straight and gather it into a high pony tail, then Sedu the pony tail into a mass of curls!
Classic Prom up-do!
Here's a pretty and popular style for straightened hair - use your Sedu to make it shine
Make a side part and brush your hair back and down as if you are going to make a low pony tail. Gather the hair in your free hand as you go
- When all the hair is smoothly gathered in, hold it firmly and twist. Keep twisting until the hair makes a 'fold' and lies back against your head
- Secure with lots of long, straight pins and leave the ends hanging over the top and your bangs loose to soften the look
Don't forget that guys can Sedu too!
Taking the stress out of Prom hair is easy if you get a little organized and get a Sedu! Then you can enjoy your special night – knowing that your hair looks its best…have a wonderful time!